In any case the free (no cost) access is a must for being considered in this dimension. Otherwise punctuation would be 0.
|Level 1. No web access or manual request
Access to information requires a non-automatic approval process for access to data information or to register data in a non digital form.
1) There is needed a non automatic mail or a in person interaction to get access
|Level 2. Web Access URL with registration or with web interaction
Access to information via the web, but requires user interaction to select the data source.
1) It is needed to manually interact to get access
2) There is a limitation in the # of data to be accessed in one shot
|Level 3. Web access or unique URL parameters to dataset
Access to information via the web, but allows each of the datasets to be accessed individually, or through a unique URL, or by specific parameters in the query call
1) A single and constant URL
2) A URL with parameters (but no variation in the parameters) for the same dataset
|Level 4. Web Access unique with parameters to single data
Access to information via the web, but allows each data inside the datasets to be accessed individually, or through a shortened URL, or by specific parameters in the query call and includes the date, the version, or the last update. Linked data meet this level and next one
1) url with parameters can address individual data without downloading all the dataset
|Level 5. API or query language
Access to information provides access to specific data of the dataset, either by calling a documented API or through a query language of data sources
1) A SPARQL point to be queried or a documented API (CKAN, socrata, ODS API)